AAMSN is open for membership to Registered Nurses who have completed a sedation certification course. Proof of certification by the certifying body with a course outline is required. It can be through your hospital, same day surgery or nursing organization.
- Sedation Certification
- Current Registered Nursing License
- Current ACLS or PALS Certification
- Copy of your facilities position statement on nurses giving sedation.
- Minimal ten hours of training.
How do I get certified?
- It can be through a hospital, same day surgery or nursing organization. (documentation required)
- Through www.sedationcertification.com which with course completion includes first year membership in the AAMSN
Complete application if applying for membership and are not taking the www.sedationcertification.com course offered by Healthy Visions.
Membership benefits and services
- Free CE Credits recognized by the ANCC
- Heightened Public Awareness of nursing sedation
- Patient information brochures and video CDs for member use
- National public relations campaign to educate the public regarding the role of sedation nurses
- Greater professional recognition and identity
- Opportunity to highlight your facility with pictures and a write up in the Newsletter
- Write an article for publication in the eNewsletter and receive CE Credits
- Be involved in AAMSN question writing for the certification exam.
- Opportunity to be a member of the Board of Directors.
- Members receive a 10% discount on all sedation store products and courses plus a 10% discount from the Healthy Visions store.
- Annual Education Conference