AAMSN Members in good standing may recertify in Moderate Sedation in two ways (The fee is included in annual membership dues) all others go to www.sedationcertification.com/recertification
Re-certification requires either:
1) Completion of CE Credit requirements (30 CE Credits over a 24 month period)
AAMSN will accept certain nursing CE Credits as a means of proving competency in Moderate Sedation.
Download, fill out and print the PDF form by clicking on the “Download Recertification Form” at the bottom of this page.
2) Retesting in Moderate Sedation
Retesting does not award CE credits only recertification and membership renewal.
For an AAMSN member to recertify by retesting :
1) Click the “Members login” Button
3) Use your AAMSN member number and your password
2) Click on “Moderate Sedation Recertification”
3) Enter the enrollment key “recertaamsn” ( Don’t include the “”)
4) Review the materials and take the exam
5) You must pass the exam with a score of 80% of better (If you do not pass the exam the 1st time there will be a $25.00 administration fee to retake the exam)
6) Download, fill out and print the PDF form by clicking on the “Download Recertification Form” at the bottom of this page.
If you are not an AAMSN member and need to recertify please go to sedationcertification.com/recertification
Recertification in Moderate Sedation is every two years from original certification date.
Annual Membership Dues are $65 payable at the time of recertification
There is a 30 day grace period. If your membership with AAMSN is over 30 days late you enter into the nonmember expired category and must pay to recertify in Moderate Sedation.
If you are not an AAMSN or your membership is more than 30 days past due to recertify go to sedationcertification.com/recertification