Is a nonprofit corporation pursuant to the Tennessee Nonprofit Corporation Act.
The American Association of Moderate Sedation Nurses is an educational organization and is organized and shall be organized exclusively for educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, or a related section of a successor statute, and for the benefit of the American Association of Moderate Sedation Nurses and its constituents. In every case and in every act and in pursuit of or adoption of any policy or method, or in practice or association, the American Association of Moderate Sedation Nurses does and shall do so as a free organization, always retaining its sovereignty and independence.
AAMSN is in partnership with Healthy Visions and www.healthyvisions.net for training materials, workshops and administrative support. Healthy Visions is a privately owned business established in 1999.
AAMSN is in partnership with Healthy Visions and www.sedationcertification.com for training materials, workshops and administrative support. Healthy Visions is a privately owned business established in 1999 and an approver of Nurse Continuing Education.
– Foster high standards of nursing practice;
– Advance health care quality promoting safe and effective sedation.
– Support the professional development of nurses in the promotion of patient safety.
The American Association of Moderate Sedation Nurses (AAMSN) membership fosters its mission to promote high standards of nursing practice; advance healthcare quality and access for all populations; support the professional development of nurses; and promote the economic and general welfare of nurses.
The functions of the American Association of Moderate Sedation Nurses shall be to:
- Promote adherence to ANA, AANA and ASA standards and guide lines for Registered Nurses who practice conscious sedation and are NOT Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists.
- Promote state Boards of Nursing scope of practice and legal intention in the administration of conscious sedation by non-anesthetist nurses.
- Promote ANA Code of Ethics;
- Provide for the continuing professional and educational development of practitioners;
- Represent and speak for the nursing profession;
- Assume an active role as consumer health advocate;
- Collaborate with the other recognized organizations concerning moderate sedation
Board of Directors:
President/ Treasurer Ron Eslinger, CRNA, APN, MA